Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"A Life Well Lived Is A Sacred Echo"

The blue angel came and visited with me again in my dreams.  While at the beach with my family a few weeks ago, I slept hard.  I mean really, really hard.  Like, not move a muscle all night, blanket marks on my face every single morning hard.  On the 3rd night of our trip, I had a dream.  I heard the blue angel speaking to me in the dream and I remember saying "What?" to her.  

When we woke the next morning, I rolled over and said to John, "Remember this for me "A life well lived is a sacred echo."  You know how you dream something and after just a few minutes of being awake you forget it?  I've learned that I need to tell John important dreams so he can help me remember.  After I shared this sentence with him, he said "Wow.  That is deep on many, many levels."  And  he was right.

Since that dream, I've rolled this sentence around and around and around in my head.  We even googled it to make sure I hadn't read it somewhere before.  Nadda.  Nothing. Didn't come up with anything on my google search. I've heard the words "sacred echo" before, but never in this context. 

I shared it with Adam and Bekah and their response was the same as John's.  "Wow.  That is deep."  So we've all been rolling it around, trying to figure it out.  

We were in North Carolina, where Mr. Smith grew up.  29 of our family was there.  Mr. Smith passed away 3 years ago.  So in a sense, our trip was an echo of his "life well lived".  We were there doing the things he taught us to love, visiting the people he loved, eating the foods he loved, breathing the same salty North Carolina coastal air he loved and passing this love onto the next generation of Smiths.  His well lived life was a lovely sacred echo all around us.  

I thought of Angie.  I get very frustrated because my memories of her still hurt my heart. I miss her so much that it makes my heart break every time I am reminded of her....which is about a hundred times a day.  The memories remind me that she is not here, even though I still can't believe it.  Our lives were so wrapped around each other that she is everywhere and in every thing.  Her life, her well lived life, continues to echo all throughout my day.  

I think of Jesus.  After, 2,000 His life's echo is still changing lives.  If ever there was a "life well lived" it was His.  I think of my grandparents, who's lives still echo throughout my life and even in how I look and the way I react to things. 

I think of my distant ancestry.  People I never met, yet their lives are connected to me and echoed in my expressions, my hair color, my love for Ireland and Scotland, my faith.....echo, echo, echo.  

I'm not at all sure what God intends for me to do with this wee, yet powerful sentence.  But I do know He intends for me to do something with it.  I'm waiting on His lead.

So here's a challenge.  What is your life echoing?  Is your life "a life well lived?"  Will your life leave a "sacred echo" or just a dull thump?  

Wow.  That's deep huh?  




No comments:

Post a Comment