Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Common Denominator In Drama

How I wish I had realized this years ago. I used to find myself immersed in drama. It revolved around other people's chaotic lives, but I was always the one drowning in a sea of drama and conflict. 

By the grace of God I looked back and realized the common denominator was me. I was choosing to participate. 

This albatross around my neck only released when I began the discipline of meditation and silent prayer. The vibration of my life changed. I was no longer wound tight, waiting on someone to pluck my emotional strings. I found peace. 

Very recently I was tempted to fall back into the old pattern. It seemed the right thing to do, but I stopped, prayed, meditated on His word, and became still again.  Peace returned. 

I know it will happen again. I will be tempted to join in the chaotic drama again. May God have mercy on me and guide me to be able to step back, be still, and know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment