Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My wee God-daughters

6 years ago today, these wee girls entered into my life....and it's never been the same.  To the left is Meredith and to the right is Julia.  They are the twin daughters of my closest cousin in the world, Jane, who is more like a little sister to me.  

We are both only children and since our moms are very close sisters, we grew up together a lot.  I am 7 years old than Jane.  In my teens I also took on the role of the so called baby sitter. We had a ball together.  Those sweet summers melted our hearts together forever.  

So 6 years ago, my precious Jane, delivered these two wee girls into our lives and into our hearts.  And then Jane asked me to be their Godmother.  

As previously said, I grew up CoC, so we didn't have Godmothers.  I had to do a little research to determine what being a Godmother meant.  

It's really quite simple, but profound.  A Godparent is someone who loves the child and is especially linked to their spiritual life.  On the day of their Christening, I vowed to always look after their spiritual life.  The best way to do that is to always be there for them and pray.  And then pray some more.  

These wee ones are always in my prayers and in my heart and thoughts.  

Dear God, 
On this day that we celebrate the birth of the two little souls Jane and John named Meredith and Julia, I ask a special blessing on these precious girls.  Please always stay extra close to them.  Hold them tight.  Send your angels to guard over their little bodies, but especially their wee hearts and minds.  They mean so much to me Lord God.  I can't imagine a world without the brightness and life of these two sweet blessings.  You alone know the joy that surges through my heart when they give me a hug and tell me they love me. 

Lord I ask that you give me the wisdom to be their Godmother.  You alone hold the key to the wisdom I seek.  Help me to pray for them as I should.  Help me to love them as I should.  Help me to know what to do so that my life may not hinder them from becoming the daughters of God that you would have them be.  

Help them know how much they are loved.  Help them know how dear they are to me.  Help them see you.  Help them to hear and listen for You in all things.  

 Lord we praise you for the past 6 years.  Those years are a blessing that can only come through you.  Help these girls grow strong and healthy.  Keep them from disease and sickness.  Help their sweet  young minds absorb much knowledge so that they can be filled with your wisdom and grace.  

Teach John and Jane how to love them best.  Guide them as they guide their sweet family.  Heap upon this family much happiness and love.  Help them see Jesus in each other.  

Lord I thank you so much for the blessing Jane and her family are to me.  And thank you especially for the blessing of Meredith and Julia.  

In the name of our sweet Jesus,
Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment