Monday, January 20, 2014

Silence is my soul food.

John, Adam and I went on retreat this weekend with several lovelies from our church.  It is a college worship conference called "Gulf Coast Getaway".  So on Friday, we traveled down south to Panama City Beach, Florida.  It was yummy from the first moment away. 

I slept most of the way, while Adam listened to music, slept and poor John drove.  But he even admitted that he loved the quiet meditative environment of driving in silence. 

We met up with our church peeps when we got there.  It was windy, cold and amazing!  The topic was the Holy Spirit!  Loved it.  We had many wonderful speakers that challenged our thinking.  The worship time was brilliant.  We lifted up voices and hearts in beautiful songs, surrounded by beautiful people lifting up their praises to God.  Several times, I just stopped singing and listened to all the voices around me.  At one point, I noticed Adam worshiping and it melted my heart to see my child worshiping his God without shame!  

Many of the things I've been learning in my oblate journey were confirmed at this conference.  It just goes to show that when you are on the right path, God will flash up signs to keep you going.  Thank you Jesus. And of course, when we are on the wrong path, I also believe He also flashes up signs to steer us in another direction. 

I'm at a point in my own journey, where silence and listening are so deeply needed in my soul.  Silence seems to be my soul food.  I received time for that this weekend.  I believe our world needs, thirsts and hungers for the peace, comfort and joy that come from quiet rest in Jesus. 

Thank you sweet, beloved God for allowing me to receive so many blessings this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment