Friday, February 21, 2020

Mediterranean Popcorn

I'll be 54 next month.  I thought it was 53, but I did the math and lo' and behold, I will be 54.  In those  53+ years, I have learned that I like to crunch on something savory and salty.  Don't misunderstand, I still love a sweet now and again (can you say Cadbury chocolate eggs), but if given a choice between sweet and savory, I'll likely pick the savory.

As we've ventured back to the Mediterranean diet I needed to find something to snack on while I'm working and at night while watching BBC crime shows with John.  I settled on popcorn because it is a whole grain therefore Mediterranean friendly. Most bags of pre-popped popcorn have a bunch of stuff on it I don't need and the ready to pop microwave popcorn can get expensive if you eat much of it.

I found the above pictured microwave popper at Walmart in the snack section over where they also sell boxes of microwave popcorn bags.  You can also purchase it here.  It frees me to buy big containers of corn kernels, which is much cheaper, and pop as much as I need without standing over the stove shaking a pot.  I can also season it just as I want so I know exactly whats in it.  My current favorite seasoning is a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (allowed on the Mediterranean way on eating) and a sprinkle of sea salt.

I am currently eating some freshly popped corn that has not been seasoned at all, which I enjoy as well and is less messy.  AND most importantly its grand-dog approved.  Tori is enjoying Grandmommy's popcorn as a late afternoon snack.

Also I have good news to share.  I wore a jacket yesterday that has been too tight across the shoulders.  Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment