Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A Made-Up Greek Chicken Salad


Here we are smack dab in this crazy Covid19 mess. No one I know has seen anything like this before.  It's scary stuff mainly because we just don't know much about it.  John is at home working
instead of going into the office. We were supposed to leave today for a work trip for John in San Diego.  Since I can work from anywhere and we have no children or dogs to care for, I've been trying to go with him as much as I can.  Enter stage right... Coronoavirus.  It has turned everyone on earth in a tail spin as we try to navigate these unchartered waters.  I picked up a few things at the grocery late last week, not knowing it would be a critical shopping trip and nothing would be available for a while.Sometimes we have to throw together something to eat without being able to run to the store to pick ingredients.  Off subject- how in the world is it only Tuesday?  Surely it's next Friday by now. Back on topic of using the ingredients you have to come up with something healthy and tasty.- I found a can of chicken breast and decided to put together a chicken salad.  I poked around in the frig and in the pantry and came up with the following recipe.

1 can of chicken breast, drained
several colorful bell peppers, diced small
1/2 of a red onion, diced small
1 handful of pinenuts
8-10 olives, chopped
3 jarred artichokes (no marinade)
1 bottle of pre-made Greek dressing
chucks of feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste



Now the key to this type of cooking is using whatever you have in the pantry and substitute as necessary.  I could have used tomatoes if I had them.  Almonds if you wanted.  Maybe celery? You get the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment