Monday, January 20, 2020

What else for breakfast?

I feel like poo today.  I'm actually afraid its the flu.  I'll be going to the doctor in a bit to find out.  Terrible ear drum pressure woke me up TOOOOOOOO early this morning.  After a while I finally got up and cooked some breakfast.   I've been enjoying overnight oats for a few days now, so decided I needed to shake things up this morning... or at least whisk things up.

I chopped up a heap of veggies I had already prepped and stored in the fridge, added some chopped lean ham, and a dash of onion salt. After the fluffy eggs were done, I sprinkled a bit of cheese on top.  Boom Mediterranean breakfast done.

*A note about the prepped veggies-
Veggies are much easier to snack on and add to dishes when they are cleaned, prepped and ready to use.  Making things convenient is a gift to yourself. Yes, it takes a good while to do this, but its worth it the rest of the week.  Just do it.  Get the prep out of the way.

Now excuse me while I eat my eggs and drink my tea.

Do you have a go to breakfast?  What's something new you have tried for breakfast?

1 comment:

  1. I didn’t overthink this morning. I had some toasted Dave’s Killer Bread with half an avocado and eggs over medium. I will need to up those veggies for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete