Thursday, November 8, 2012

An Introduction To Me

A little background.....I'm a 46 year old Christan woman, wife of 25 1/2 years, mother for 21 1/2 years, photographer, writer, want to be chef, political nerd, travel enthusiast, social media addict, football fan, genealogy digger, singer, prayer warrior, Christmas ornament collector, rabid reader, worship lover, Jesus seeker and Dysautonomia patient for almost exactly 4 years.  Perhaps I listed it all, perhaps not.  I may need to add more later. 

I'm at an interesting point in life.  My oldest son is a junior in college, living away from home.  My youngest son is a senior in high school who just finished his final season as a football player.  He plans to attend college locally and live at home.  My family role is tilting a bit and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Throughout my children's lives, I have worked outside the home, but mostly inside.  I ran a photography business for 12 years.  It was very successful until the economy tanked at the same time my health tanked with the diagnosis of Dysautonomia. Since then I've continued writing for this publication and that, along with photographing food, friends and interesting events.

I wrote a blog for many years until someone slit my throat with their hateful words accusing me of being mean when I wrote about something I found funny and they did not.  I was at a very fragile place emotionally and physically at that time and so I just deleted the whole blog.  It's a decision I now regret, but have moved past.  

My best friend for the past 3 decades was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last December.  The journey is difficult for her especially, but also for her entire family, circle of friends, church family and me, her best friend.  My husband jokes that my best friend and I have been "married" longer than he and I have been.  And in some weird twisted ways that is kind of true.  We've been through a lot together.  More on that later.  But the main thing at this point, as I introduce myself again, is that whoever is reading this, please pray for her.  Her name is Angie. And when I say pray, I actually mean beg. 

My life is changing in subtle and also dramatic ways.  I'm adjusting a little at a time. My plan is to just write.  Write about how I feel, what I'm doing and where I'm going.  If you want to come along for the ride, enjoy.  I also encourage you to drop a comment, email or visit me on facebook.  I do ask that you be kind and respectful of me and others.  We all have to live together so let's follow the Golden Rule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment