Saturday, November 17, 2012

Special evening of prayer...

I knew last night would be a wonderful time of prayer.  I went expecting Jesus and as always He was there.  The quiet, still atmosphere was divine.  The candle flickering reminded me of God's light.  The quiet people dotted around the pews, all lifting their unified voices asking for God's help was a gift beyond description.  It was majestic indeed.

John and I fasted from solid food all day as we prayed.  That went really well, in fact m uch easier than I expected.  It helped that we were together and moving toward a common goal.  When we each felt tempted, we helped each other along.  That's the way God intended isn't it?  

My night was topped of with special blessing when my sweet precious friend Tricia drove from Georgia straight to the church to join the prayer.  While I was praying,  John gave me a gentle tap on the shoulder and I raised my eyes to see Tricia.  What a wonderful surprise and blessing!  Just when you think God can't fill your heart any more, a friend walks in. 

We got to talk about old times, fun times....and sadly.....times of sickness.  It's terrible that it's generally the worst times of life that bring our hearts together at the throne of God.  But I can't imagine going through things like this without friends and family.  I do so love you Tricia.  

To those of you who prayed, thank you is not enough.  But that's all I have....Thank you.  Whether you spent time in our church building or prayed outside the building in your busy lives...Thank you.  

I wish I had more words I could say that would convey my gratitude.  Until those words come, I offer another "Thank you" and "Praise God".   

No comments:

Post a Comment