Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dogs, smiles, baseball, tears and pain.....

If you need a wee smile, just spend a few minutes with my granddog Tori.  Smiling hasn't been easy for a while now, but when this crazy, long legged girl with the most beautiful under bite comes flopping into your lap, you just have to smile and laugh out loud...a lot.

She loves you HARD.  I have the bruised arms to prove it.  She's a big girl who believes in her little brain that she is the size of a lap dog.  She LOVES all of us but she ADORES John and she worships John David.  She is a precious, very high maintenance girl, who's Grandmommy LOVES her.

We went to Cole's season opener baseball game last night.  They won big, but it was COLD and the wind was ridiculous.  Being at his game without Angie is beyond weird and sad.  But it was nice to sit with friends and family and enjoy the night, even reliving some priceless Angie moments.


I miss my friend more than I ever thought I would.  I knew it would be bad, but I didn't realize I'd live out Psalms 42.  But the good news is that just as Psalms 42 describes your tears becoming your food, it also reminds me that even in this "I will yet praise Him". Grief is a lonely, very personal journey.  But, I have faith God will use it to make us all better,stronger followers of Christ.   



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment