Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Joy on the Horizon

I am a traveling girl.  I love to go and do and see and be.  I feel most settled when there is a trip on the calendar that I can work toward. Perhaps that's why dreaming of heaven soothes me so.  I know I'm going. Jesus has saved my soul and I live for Him.  Not perfectly, but if I could do it perfectly, I wouldn't have needed Jesus. I don't know when my heavenly trip with happen, but I know it's coming. I wish it could come soon.....Back to earthly travel....I adore having a lovely trip on the calendar so I can anticipate, plan and save. 

This past 14 months has put me in a place I never dreamed I'd be.  I feel fairly strong spiritually, but emotionally and physically I'm drained.  I'm learning how to live in this new normal without my friend.  Quite honestly, it took me a long time to accept the new normal of my friend living with cancer.  But now so soon, to live without her in the wake of cancer....I'll just admit it...my boat is rocking and I'm searching for calmer waters to set my anchor.  

My heart is called to and soothed by my Celtic homelands.  Being in Ireland and/or Scotland just does something magical to my heart, mind and body. My connection to those lands is so strong I'm sure you can see it, hear it and feel it when you are around me.

Soooo....as of today we are planning a trip to Ireland and Scotland (including a pilgrimage to Iona, a visit to Ramsey castle, time in Derrykeighan and a deep cleansing breath at the Giant's Causeway) in late spring, early summer 2014. 

My shoulders relaxed and I breathed deeply for the first time in 14 months today.  My grief is fresh and new and will continue on it's long, torturous journey, BUT there is something beautiful just on the horizon for me to focus on.     

No comments:

Post a Comment