Friday, February 15, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Decorations

At our house, St. Patrick's Day decorations go up the day after Valentine's Day.  I'm not in the decorating mood.  My heart hurts, I'm so sad and I'd prefer to just crawl in a hole and weep by myself.  I'm a loner in grief I've discovered.  All my emotions are raw.  I cry at the drop of a hat.  My friend is gone and I still can't believe it.  Seriously can't believe it.  I feel as if I'm watching a bad horror film and at any minute she is going to burst through the door and say "SURPRISE, It was a bad joke. Sorry."  

But the true is "it is what it is". My best friend, my right arm is not coming back and I have to figure out how to do this. 

One day at a time....

So today I am doing something normal. I'm decorating for St. Patrick's Day.  

Doesn't everyone put up a St. Patrick's Day tree, garland, wreaths and lights?  

I miss my friend.

3 comments:

  1. I've had you in my thoughts and prayers. And, since you aren't on FB for LENT, I'll inquire here... how did your dr. appointments go last week? Well, I hope!! Take care and take it on moment at a time... there is no time limit to grieving! Do what comforts you and I know anything Irish will comfort you... so decorate away!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The appointment on Monday went well. It was the Rheumatologist. No big changes. He talked a lot to me about stress management and how to balance things with the grief. Basically encouraged to increase exercise while I'm grieving and more meditation and prayer. It all makes sense. But nothing feels right these days. Hard to concentrate and meditate. I find my mind bouncing around like a ball. Nothing has ever affected me like this before. No other grief experiences prepared me for this. We ended up moving the appointment last Thursday with the endocrinologist. Adam had a campus visit and my schedule got all screwy. So I'm going to that doctor on Thursday. I love you too. Thanks for asking about me. I wish we could go to Ireland or Scotland. I would love to air out my mind while standing on the Giant's Causeway or at the Iona Abbey. But that is not to be any time soon.

      Delete