Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blessings and Pansies

Today has already been a blessed day and we haven't event been to worship yet!  I think that is a good sign.  
I went to pick up my beautiful angel charm that was being engraved.  I had not paid for the engraving yet.  When they brought it out, it made me cry.  I've missed having the angel laying close to my heart.  I brought out money to pay and the young man said, "The balance is zero.  Did you pay when you were here?"  I thought I didn't pay.  He called out the check number and I knew that wasn't my check number.  After a little digging, we discovered that one of my sweet cousins who works at the jewelery store had paid my bill for me.  
What an incredible blessing.  Thank you Melanie.  You took my breath away with kindness today.  
Then off I went to the grocery to get the last of the ingredients for the St. Patrick's Day feast.  I'm getting excited about the party, but my heart hurts knowing Angie won't be with us.  Gracious, I just don't know how to do any of this without her.  
I also went to purchase some flowers to spruce up the patio before the party.  I've been thinking it needs a wee bit of color to make it more happy.  
Those who knew Angie knew she LOVED flowers.  She loved lots of blooming things around her house.  The last plants we bought together were pansies on one of our little adventures.  Today I bought pansies.  It broke my heart.  I saw one of Angie's aunts at the store and she understood the emotion I was feeling.  I cried all the way home with a car full of yellow happy pansies and a few ferns and ivy.  
While out running my errands, my sweet Irish Catholic sister Siobhan texted to tell me there was white smoke!  The sign a pope had been selected.  
I know, craziness that a CoC girl gets all excited about a pope.  Call me nuts.  I don't care.  
Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina has been elected as the next pope.  He has taken the name Francis after St. Francis.  
I've studies a lot about St. Francis.  He wrote one of the most beautiful prayers I've ever read. It's called "Instrument of Peace."  Olivia Newton John put it to music      

Those last words "It is in dying we'll be released" zap right to my heart these days.  Angie has been released.  That is something to praise God for, even when my heart and soul are aching in the loss.
I read the message Pope Frances spoke to the folks at St. Peter's Square.  It's a beautiful message that sounds very humble and willing to me.  The message of a servant who seeks to do God's will.  Can't ask for more that that.  The message is below.   
Brothers and Sister, good evening. 
You all know that the duty of the Conclave was to give a bishop to Rome. It seems that my brother Cardinals have come almost to the ends of the earth to get him… but here we are.

I thank you for the welcome that has come from the diocesan community of Rome.

First of all I would say a prayer pray for our Bishop Emeritus Benedict XVI.. Let us all pray together for him, that the Lord bless him and Our Lady protect him.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory to the Father…

And now let us begin this journey, the Bishop and people, this journey of the Church of Rome which presides in charity over all the Churches, a journey of brotherhood in love, of mutual trust.

Let us always pray for one another. Let us pray for the whole world that there might be a great sense of brotherhood .

My hope is that this journey of the Church that we begin today, together with help of my Cardinal Vicar, be fruitful for the evangelization of this beautiful city.

And now I would like to give the blessing, but first I want to ask you a favour. Before the bishop blesses the people I ask that you would pray to the Lord to bless me – the prayer of the people for their Bishop. Let us say this prayer – your prayer for me – in silence.

I will now give my blessing to you and to the whole world, to all men and women of good will.

Brothers and sisters, I am leaving you. Thank you for your welcome. Pray for me and I will be with you again soon.
We will see one another soon. 
I'll say it again.  If you can come to Clements High School tonight, I believe you will be blessed with the "Courts of Praise-Hope for the World" event.  God bless all of you today and always.  In the name of Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment