Sunday, March 10, 2013

Kelley's Kilt

Look at that wee girl :)  When I was 4, my mother and her friend Betty made me a couple of kilts.  I found this picture the other day of me in one of the wee kilts.  Are you just diggin' the matching bow in my hair, the fun bun and all those curly ringlets!  I had some serious curly hair which had not yet been tamed with modern hair products  :)

Mother gave me the wee kilts a while back and I want to save them for my future grandchildren.  Wouldn't that be cool to wearing Grandmommy's kilt?  

One week from today is St. Patrick's Day, a blessed celebration here at Smith central.  The other day someone asked me "When is St. Patrick's Day?"  A friend standing close by said "It's always St. Patrick's Day at Kelley's house!"  That made me smile.  I do indeed love some Irish-ness

Today has been a day of ups and downs.  We had a good day at church, but I was weepy as we took up a special collection for the "Angie White Memorial Scholarship Fund".  The emotion hits me like a tsunamiSundays seem especially difficult because there are so many activities that she is supposed to be involved in and now....she is gone.  I told John today that it almost seems like a really, cruel joke.  It is just ridiculous that she is gone. Absolutely insane.  

Everyone says time will help us heal and it will get better.  Well, it's not better today... but I am grateful for the hope that it will be better one day.  

Psalm 30:5 says "weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."   Not sure which morning that will be, but assured by the holy scriptures that it will indeed come.  I just have to wait.

Until then, I'll continue to take joy in things like Cole's baseball games, the worship event Adam has worked so hard on, old pictures of a familiar little girl in a wee kilt and the anticipation of my favorite celebration of the year.

BTW, LOVED seeing Garron play ball on Saturday.  ADORE being with my family, simply ADORE it. Our trip to McNamara's last Friday got canceled.  BUMM-ER.  But we are going later. 

My prayer is that you will have a lovely week full of happy giggles and love that fills your cup to overflowing.          

  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment