Monday, March 11, 2013

Twas the week before St. Patrick's Day

John saw this and said "You are Irish, you are!".  I don't know...perhaps so :) giggle snort.

It is the week before our St. Patrick's Day celebrations!  Lots to be done.  House cleaning, baking, cooking, more house cleaning, brush up on my Irish step dancing, get our Irish clothes ready for the weekend, more cooking, learn a few more Irish sing a long songs, more cooking...... "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"  

Also this week, Cole has baseball games every day except Wednesday.  Our great nephew Miles is playing in the 9 and 10 year old state championship basketball tournament at UNA this weekend.  That is also where John David lives.  So YAY!  

But most importantly Wednesday night is the worship event Adam has been planning.  He has worked so hard. He and the FCA club are sponsoring "Courts of Praise-Hope for the World."  It begins Wednesday night at 7pm in the newest gym at Clements High School.  It's not just a teen event. It's a family event and we do so hope you will come and bring your whole family. Can you imagine what good things might come from God being praised in our high school gym?  Our gym will become holy ground!  Awesome. 

It's a fun week at the Smith house for sure.  I am a blessed girl.  My broken heart is overflowing with gratitude, adoration and anticipation.  

But I sure miss my friend.  Too deeply for words.  Angie, my dearest friend, I miss you so and love you more than you loved ice cream.  I'm doing the best I can.  I know you'd be miffed at me for all the crying, but you know me well enough to know that is normal for me.  Be patient with me.  If you can, please guide me along this road without you beside me.  Nudge me now and then in the right direction.  I feel lost and lonely no matter how many folks are around me.  Help me Dude. (Her Daddy nicknamed her Dude) I need you so.  I miss you more than I ever even imagined I would.    

During these sad days, my honey is being so patient with me. John Smith is after my heart for sure.  He's taken these days to signing his emails to me "A ghrá mo chroí" which is Gaelic for "O love of my heart" pronounced "ah gra moh kree".  Swoon.  I love that man.  

Slainte!  Have a happy week before St. Patrick's Day.   


No comments:

Post a Comment